VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL GRANOLA
Vegan, Gluten Free & Healthy
What's better than this?
One fine day as i was binge watching Bonny Rebecca's videos, i came across her muesli recipe and got inspired by it. Hence, yours truly had an impromptu experiment in the kitchen and that's about how this salted caramel granola recipe came about.
With all honesty, the oats i used in the video are just regular oats. However, do replace it with gluten free ones if you are allergic to gluten. Also, not to forget the fact that i'm not a vegan but am currently trying to adapt to a plant based diet. Speaking of which, this
reminds me of someone (whom i used to know) who self-proclaims to be a vegan while continuing to purchase leather jackets and animal products. What a fancy excuse for a feeble attempt to lose weight.
Salted caramel granola recipe
Prep time: 5 mins | cooking time: 12 mins (Makes 7 servings)
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 cup quinoa / millet puffs
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup walnuts / almonds
3 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 140 degree celcius and line a baking tray with non stick baking paper.
2) In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, quinoa puffs, sunflower seeds, walnuts and pink salt.
3) Add in remaining wet ingredients: maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
4) Spread the granola mixture evenly on the baking tray.
5) Bake for 12 mins until the granola is dry.
6) Serve and enjoy! Store the remaining in an air tight jar.
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE below!
Click here to LIKE The Oracle Journal on Facebook!